OKI printers are manufactured to the highest standards of quality and technology, which is why we are offering an extension to the standard 1 year warranty period to 3 years free of charge* Simply register your product within 30 days of purchase to benefit from our 3 year warranty.
1 Year Warranty (on site)
- MX8 000 series
- ES Copiers – OKI ES9466 | OKI ES9476
- Label Printer – OKI Pro1040 & OKI Pro1050
2 Year Warranty (on site)
- Wide Format – OKI E64s
3 Year Warranty
The following categories of OKI Printers are applicable for a 3 year warranty (after registration)
The 3 year on-site warranty only applies if the product has been registered online within 30 days of purchase. Without registration, the standard 1 year warranty period applies.
The warranty is limited to the South African mainland and is available in regions where Printacom has a presence.
Printers must be returned with original packaging for warranty.
Warranty begins on the date of purchase by the Customer. The Customer is responsible for maintaining proof of the date of purchase, and providing this on request.
Any product repair, or unit replacement, will be warranted for 90 days, or to the end of the initial warranty period, whichever is the greater. This only is applicable to a repetitive error.
SIDM Print heads are covered under warranty for 3 months from date of purchase only due to the nature and environment of the product, and subject to the product being used within product specifications and cannot be warranted due to wear and tear and an uncontrolled working environment.
Registration can be submitted online (www.support.okisa.co.za) or by sending an SMS with your name, company, serial number, date of purchase to 45193 (SMS costs R1, 00). E.g. John Smith, My Company, AE9300265EFO, 6/06/2017.
- Any acts of God, not limited to lightning strikes, electrical surges including the use of improper cables, flooding etc.
- Repairs by non-authorised agents
- Misuse, physical damage, negligence
- Miss-fitting of consumables
- Use of non-OKI consumables or spare parts
- Fair wear and tear
- Application or external errors
- Network installation and setup
- Installations of consumables and service
It is the duty of the client to deliver their product to their nearest Warranty Centre.
Any new product that fails within 7 days of receipt from new will be deemed eligible for immediate replacement under our DOA (Dead on Arrival) policy. DOA goods must be checked by one of our warranty centres before credit or swop out.
All replacements are at the discretion of Printacom.
OKI consumables (including toner, ribbons, ink and drum cartridges) are specifically designed for OKI machines, and the use of non-OKI products may result in degradation of print quality, loss of advanced functionality (such as colour balance) and even, in some cases, damage to your printer, fax or multi-function machine. The warranty extension becomes invalid if non OKI Original consumables are used such as compatibles, counterfeits or refills and does not extend to any print quality degradation, machine malfunction, or damage caused by the use of non-OKI consumables or refilled OKI toner or ink cartridges. In such a case our local service partners will on request try to rectify the problem but will be entitled to charge for its time and materials (details available on request) and cannot guarantee success. OKI will be entitled to recover from the customer the reasonable cost of any work done in investigating a problem that proves to have been caused by the use of non-OKI consumables.
If less than 30% of the OKI consumable is used, it will be covered under warranty free of charge. Repaired or replaced consumables will be covered by a warranty for a period of 7 days of receipt. The motive for this is that repeated failure of a consumable indicates the possibility that the fault lies elsewhere and further in-depth assessment is required.
The Warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of the product, and in no way will apply to any fault or malfunction caused by:
- Improper or inadequate maintenance or modification to the product; software, media, parts (including consumables), supplies or interfacing components not supplied by OKI; Misuse of the product or any operation or attempted operation of the product outside its written specifications.
- When the printer must be taken back for further testing, it will be done by your current ASP (Approved Service Provider). Back up or loan units will be not be provided.
- Cosmetic damage and improper shipment is not covered under warranty.
- OKI products are made available and may be resold only with the warranties and guarantees provided by the vendor or original equipment manufacturer and as accompany the product as supplied by Printacom. Printacom offers additional extended warranties and provides no additional or further warranty.
- Replacement products may be refurbished units. The remainder term of the Extended Warranty service will be transferred to the replacement product.
- The on-site warranty is next business day in the major centres and up to three working days in the outlying regions.
- It is the user’s responsibility, where applicable, before warranty service is provided, to follow the problem diagnostics, problem analysis procedures that OKI or their authorised service agent provides.
- Printacom does not warrant that the products or any other materials, software, data and/or services provided under this agreement shall meet the partner’s requirements or that the operation thereof shall be uninterrupted or error-free, or that all errors shall be corrected or that they will be free from loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking or other security intrusion and Printacom disclaims any liability in respect thereof.
- OKI does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the product.
Should the customer experience a problem with the OKI product, simply contact OKI’s Customer Support and ensure that the model and serial number of the printer is available. If OKI cannot resolve the problem telephonically, either a service engineer will be sent on-site to resolve the problem or an arrangement will be made for the product to be returned.
If a repair is not possible on the first visit, the engineer will discuss how best to resolve the issue on a case by case basis.